A wide avenue
The word "fontaine" in French for "fountain" in English, means source in this context because it is on the thermal site. This avenue was countryside for many years, with no buildings, simply lined with poplars and fields.
This grand avenue - without asphalt of course - leads From Hôtel du Parc, through the fields and vines, lined here and there with lime trees, to the thermal spa.
There are only a few villas, including the house of the former mayor Monsieur Boisdin, Madame Bachelet's villa named Quelques Fleurs, estate agent Monsieur Jourdain's home and Père Lacoste's home, now the Apart'Vacances aparthotel.
The villa named Quelques Fleurs has lattice windows because taxes were calculated according to the number of openings at the time.
There were four villas including Dr. Bardet's home, built in 1930 using tuffeau, the local limestone which comes primarily from Chauvigny. He is the town's oldest doctor, with over forty years of service. In the past, there were stone quarries at the bottom of the garden which operated until 1920. Lattice windows were chosen because taxes were calculated according to the number of openings at the time.
Many roofs have been raised to create apartments in the attic to rent to spa patients.